Announcing ALL-WOMEN RECOVERY WORKSHOP IN CHICAGO, IL USA

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
olmert

Announcing ALL-WOMEN RECOVERY WORKSHOP IN CHICAGO, IL USA

Post by olmert » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Are you a woman (or do you know of one) who suffers from shy bladder syndrome?

The International Paruresis Association (IPA) is pleased to offer a special ALL-WOMEN IPA WORKSHOP. They don't happen often, so don't miss out on this opportunity to begin to recover.

Our two previous women-only workshops (2004, 2006) were a huge success (see below). This one promises to be just as productive and fun!

WHEN: Friday evening, October 30th, through Sunday morning, November 1, 2009

WHERE: Chicago, at an airport hotel

COST: The cost of the workshop is $650 or 1% of your gross income for first timers,
$325 for previous attendees. Note: if you register at least one month before a scheduled workshop, first timers pay only $595 and returnees $295.

Additional costs to you will be:
• air fare (assuming you don't live locally)
• two nights accommodation in a hotel adjacent to the airport
• meals

INFORMATION: To register or for further information: please write to Carol Olmert, IPA Women's Coordinator, at womensforum@paruresis.org. Include "All-Women IPA Workshop" on the subject line. Note: A minimum of six people is required to schedule this workshop, so please reply if you are thinking about attending. We need to know for planning purposes.

CO-FACILITATORS:
Ruth Lippin, LMSW, New York, NY, is a Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Ruth has co-facilitated the two previous all women’s workshops and has treated many paruretics in her private practice.
Carol Olmert, Walnut Creek, CA. The co-facilitator of the two previous women-only workshops is the author of “Bathrooms Make Me Nervous: A Guidebook for Women with Urination Anxiety (Shy Bladder) http://www.bathroomsmakemenervous.com and also the co-moderator of the Women-Only IPA Discussion Forum.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

In a comfortable small group setting, you will have the chance to discuss your personal experiences with shy bladder. More importantly, you will learn to develop an individualized plan to help you recover. The emphasis of the workshop is on the practice of exposure exercises that will help you become comfortable with many of the bathroom situations you fear. You will also discover how to alter your thinking patterns about bathrooms -- and the people you are likely to encounter in them. For further information about the workshop experience, visit http://www.shybladder.org/explainworkshop.htm.

A workshop is a good place to begin a treatment program or get a refresher if your program needs a tune-up. Former female workshop participants speak well of the experience. Here are a few comments from previous attendees:

“It was really an amazing experience, and I am so happy that I was able to make progress in overcoming this condition… I was a bit hesitant about whether attending the workshop would actually help me, but it did! I also met so many wonderful people in the process!”

“I am fully convinced that anyone who struggles with this absolutely, if possible, needs to attend a workshop. You basically just practice, practice, and practice some more but it’s invaluable because you are able to ask questions, get support, and learn how to best approach this”.

Stop avoiding bathrooms by helping yourself right now!