Report on the Sydney AP Support Group Meeting – Thurs 7 Oct

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
rossco309

Report on the Sydney AP Support Group Meeting – Thurs 7 Oct

Post by rossco309 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I started about 6pm with my usual bit of shopping/browsing and then a light tea in the city. This meant that I was able to do some successful personal practice a couple of times before five of us met up as usual near Town Hall Station at 7.30pm.

As I had not been able to get to a support group meeting for some months, it was great to catch up with others who have this same problem. We shared our stories and how we have progressed, or any difficulties we have experienced, during our desensitization practice. I have found that it is truly a “Support Group” where you can be helped, and encouraged to work to overcome this disorder with other sufferers who understand what it is like to live with paruresis.

I would encourage any other sufferers who live in, or near, Sydney to consider joining with us on the first Thursday evening of the month. The desensitization practice we do, plus the sharing of our individual stories, have certainly helped me to progress well down the road to recovery.

If you would like to join in with the group, or even just to talk about avoidant paruresis, please make contact with
John – email > recov2000@hotmail.com Or myself > rossco309@hotmail.com and we will supply you with more information about time and place where we meet.