SYDNEY WORKSHOP 2020

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
JohnW
Site Admin

SYDNEY WORKSHOP 2020

Post by JohnW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:32 pm

This post was originally placed in "Events", where it seems no-one saw it!

This is proposed for Sydney, Friday evening to late morning Sunday, on one of the first three weekends in May. The workshop, if held, will be a “budget" one, run along the lines of those held in the past nine years, using a suitable guest room rather than a conference room. Numbers will be limited to five participants, with a minimum of three. To keep airline costs down for those attending from outside N.S.W., I need to know that the workshop is proceeding by 1st April. If I do not have at least three firm registrations by that date, the workshop may be canceled.

People who intend to stay at the venue for the weekend need to know that the venue charges $200 for their room (total for the two nights, but could be more if booked less than four weeks ahead). Also, they will need to cover the cost of meals. (Continental breakfasts are included in the price indicated). Because the numbers attending will have a direct bearing on the fee, I cannot at this stage say what the final fee will be. But with 4 attending, I think it might be about $140 each.

At this stage I am requesting expressions of interest. Please email me WITHOUT DELAY (using recov2000@gmail.com). This needs to be far earlier than 1st April, as I need to settle on a date, and this can only be done in consultation with those interested in attending.

I attended all earlier Australian workshops, and warmly recommend this coming workshop as an opportunity to receive substantial help in moving into eventual recovery from paruresis. Taking part in a workshop can, I believe, considerably reduce the amount of time involved in moving into satisfactory recovery, assuming that you keep up your practising methods as explained in the workshop.

JohnW

IMPORTANT P.S.

I now have three expressions of interest, with a new date of 22nd-24th May, but in view of the threat of the coronavirus becoming real in Australia, it is likely that the workshop will be abandoned for 2020.
Further announcements will follow.

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: SYDNEY WORKSHOP 2020

Post by JohnW » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 am

This is to confirm that the 2020 Workshop has been abandoned for the time being.

JohnW